Our client based in the Wrexham area are looking to recruit a QA Supervisor to join their team immediately on a permanent basis. The purpose of this role is to lead a QA team to ensure implementation of the quality assurance system by providing technical support to the production, maintenance and hygiene teams. Ensuring that products are produced safely to meet customer quality standards and legislative requirements consistently. Ensuring animal welfare standards are maintained to meet legislative requirements and to ensure corrective actions are taken to ensure products are maintained within specification.
Pay & Hours of Work
- Monday - Friday / 8:30am - 6:30pm
- £25k - £27k per annum dependant on experience
- Supervise a team of QA's and process control operatives ensuring they work safely and efficiently.
- Manage the day to day operations of the quality assurance team in the absence of the QA Manager.
- Organise the daily workloads of the QA team and ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the quality assurance team day to day including QA daily report and QA paperwork check.
- Carry out a variety of technical related duties as directed and any other duties that may be required to fulfil the needs of the role.
- Provide technical support and guidance to other departments (particularly production, hygiene and engineering), encouraging understanding and awareness.
- Participate in operational problem solving, technical / hygiene problem solving, and project work as allocated. To be an integral part of the Continuous Improvement process.
- Carry out QA one to one meetings and probationary reviews.
- Provide daily QA supervisor report.
- To provide cover for QA Manager when required.
- Apply quality standards and audits in accordance with BRC, Red Tractor and other customer standards.
- Ensure food safety HACCP plan is adhered to at all times.
- Audit of factory environment (including hygiene/ cleaning activities), processes, products and records to verify the business is operating to agrees standards and procedures, and identify discrepancies, agreeing on action plans with the manager responsible to correct any non-conformances/ prevent re-occurrences.
- Product quality day to day.
- Maintenance of quality assurance system.
- Ensure customer feedback and complaints are addressed.
- Develop and review quality documentation.
- Quality systems auditing to assure compliance to GMP and support site audit readiness activities.
- Performance of critical tasks to maintain the quality system e.g. calibration, temperature monitoring, swabbing, sampling etc.
- Any other duties as required.
- Previous QA experience.
- Previous experience of supervising and managing a team.
- Willing to learn and flexible.
- Customer focused approach.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to influence stakeholders and team.
- Positive attitude to work and others.
- Initiative, self-motivated, assertive, tenacious, well organised, influencing skills.
- Knowledge of HACCP, BRC Standards, Food Legislation, Food Hygiene, Red Tractor.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Advanced Food Safety certificate.
- Intermediate certificate in applied HACCP principles.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.