Registered Manager (Supported Living)
Westbury Park, Bristol
£35,048.00 - £40,352.00 + Bonus Scheme
40 hours per week
The main purpose of the role:
As our Registered Manager, you will be responsible for the operational day-to-day management of the service, ensuring continued compliance with relevant legislation. Working in partnership with colleagues in the senior management team you will ensure the provision of a high quality service enabling individual needs and organisational priorities to be met in accordance with available resources.
You will provide leadership of a CQC Registered Adult's Home which provides a stable, happy and caring environment that puts the outcomes, health, safety and welfare of clients first.
You will lead the day to day behaviour management programmes for each resident ensuring that staff are trained, supported and engaged to provide consistent responses to all clients. The home's leader must ensure that reflective supervision and learning takes place following incidents for all stakeholders.
- Provide effective leadership using a trust based relationship model which embraces a culture of high support and high challenge to enable positive outcomes for clients.
- Lead, motivate, coach, and manage the performance and development of the staff team ensuring the quality of care as well as effective deployment of team resources to ensure CQC & standards are exceeded.
- Oversee and take responsibility for the effective and efficient day to day running of the home.
- Enable effective delivery of the agreed behaviour management programme for each resident.
- Ensure that the staff team all deliver the agreed response and that reflective and learning practice are fully embedded and embraced
- Understand what quality and good care is in practice, be able to articulate this and act as a role model in demonstrating this in practice.
Skills and experience:
- Attained or Working towards QCF Level 5 Diploma.
- DSL training
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social care, or equivalent
- QCF assessor qualification is advantageous but not essential
- First Aid.
- Within the last 5 years, worked for at least 2 years in a management position relevant to the residential care of clients within a CQC home
- Worked for at least two years in a role requiring the supervision and management of staff
- Proven experience of leading and managing a team and the development of good practice in a care/learning support context.
- Proven experience of working effectively with clients with learning disabilities and/or special needs.
What's on offer?
- Full training and continued support
- Life assurance and pension
- Health cash back plan
- Car lease scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Perk box
- Free parking
Closing date is 15th Jan 2022
Hawk 3 Talent are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future
Hawk 3 Talent are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.