Returns Team Leader
Hawk 3 is working in partnership with an innovative furniture manufacturing business who are looking for a Returns Team Leader to join on a 12-month fixed term basis. The Returns Team Leader is responsible for overseeing a team and assisting in processing returns and general warehouse duties.
Responsibilities for the Returns Team Leader:
- Plan and supervise Warehouse Operative’s workloads to achieve maximum productivity
- Ensure that all day-to-day tasks of the warehouse are carried out in accordance with the standard operating procedures
- Endorse a Health and Safety conscious working culture, to enable all employees to go home unharmed, reporting all incidents and near misses immediately, and recording accurately
- Ensure that the mechanical handling equipment (MHE) checks are completed daily and all MHE is fit for use, and all faults are reported using the correct documentation.
- Contribute to and encourage a continuous improvement working environment.
- Carry out Housekeeping inspections to ensure that the general appearance of the warehouse and external areas are kept in good order.
- Monitor staff performance and liaise with the warehouse Supervisor to ensure that concerns are raised and managed effectively.
- Encourage a culture of respect and dignity with all staff
- Safeguard the security of the site, ensuring a safe working environment for employees, and preventing theft of company property.
- Collate daily all relevant volume/KPI Information for presentation to the Supervisor
- Complete 121's with all staff either Independently or In conjunction with the Supervisor
- It is essential that you have previous experience working in a busy warehouse setting and understand the processes involved
- Experience in a returns department would be beneficial
- Demonstrable experience of supervising a team of people
- A good understanding of Health and Safety requirements
- Excellent communicator and problem solver
What’s on offer:
- A salary of up to £20,500 per annum
- Excellent staff (and family) discount!
- 25 days holiday per year (on top of bank holidays), plus an extra day of holiday for every year served up to a ceiling of 30 day
- Excellent employee benefits including private healthcare (with discounted gym membership), pension, life insurance, eyecare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan to name but a few.