RF Systems Engineer
gap professional are looking for a permanent RF Systems Engineer for our client, a Global Engineering Services provider, for their co-located team based in Basildon for their client, a global defence industry leader.
This RF Systems Engineer vacancy is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual to develop and grow their skills and knowledge within a thriving organisation with a wide range of products such as thermal imaging systems, radar systems, radio communications, infrared detection, signal processing and network systems.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Adherence to customers Engineering governance e.g. policy, framework processes, design reviews
- Support to new and existing product line operations as required
- The preparation of system and sub-system technical requirements and their dissemination to appropriate engineering functions
- Technical support to the development of current and future systems architectures/designs and their implementation
- Capture of design artefacts as appropriate for all stages in the engineering lifecycle appropriate for managing existing systems and for taking concepts through to production
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- First or second Degree in Electronic Engineering (BSc, BEng, MEng, MSc, PhD, EngD) or a related science
- Experience of the Systems Engineering lifecycle, from development and management of requirements through to acceptance testing
- Awareness of Functional analysis and Specification development
- The ability to work with other Engineering disciplines and external suppliers/customers
- Working knowledge of DOORS for requirements management
- Experience of Model Driven Engineering approaches and the use of tools such as Matlab/Simulink
- Previous experience working with RF systems, specifically radar sensing system design and implementation at frequencies of X-band and above; ideally based on active electronically scanned solutions
- Previous experience working with communication systems
- Previous experience working with military systems, with missiles being a particular interest
- Previous experience with electronics assembly and testing, inclusive of RF systems
UK citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain unrestricted SC clearance. Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage.
gap professional are acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of its client
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.