£19k - £23k
Hours of Work Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm (with an early finish on a Friday sometimes)
Commutable from York, Selby, Dunnington, Market Weighton and Beverley
A well established company based in Pocklington are looking for a bright, bubbly person to work in their close knit team as a Sales Administrator.
Free on-site parking
Tea/Coffee etc. paid for by the company
20 days Holiday entitlement plus bank holidays, with 1 extra days holiday allowance after 3 years, and an additional 1 day per year there after up to a maximum of 25 days. So 25 days holiday plus bank holidays after 8 years service.
Sales Order Processing
- Process sales orders received from customers utilising the ERP system, ensuring all relevant specifications, data sheets and any other necessary drawings or details are received correctly and ensuring that the required information for all departments - production, purchasing and finance - to proceed with the order is included, according to existing procedures.
- Identify and resolve any queries which may arise over lead times or specifications with production or technical staff as required and promptly acknowledge the order to the customer accordingly.
- Using standard or customer specific price lists where applicable respond to sales enquiries from existing or prospective new customers and as appropriate provide quotations. Where necessary, for unusual or non-standard products, specifications, bulk orders, projects etc. refer to Sales Manager or Directors for information or assistance.
- Record and maintain files on all quotations and their supporting details, calculations and assumptions for future reference and follow up.
- Record and maintain logs on all incoming enquiries/leads for future follow up and traceability.
- Liaise and maintain good and professional working relationships with existing customers. Keep them updated regularly on their outstanding orders, lead times and any other relevant matters. More generally address customer queries regarding price, specification, technical or other issues, directing the query to or consulting with colleagues or other departments as necessary.
- Pro-actively provide customers with updates on their orders and delivery dates.
- Answer telephone quickly & courteously (sales team being predominantly responsible for answering incoming calls)
- Send out literature, samples and other such information as may be required.
- Assist with preparation for and attend trade shows, sales trips and customer visits if required.
- Receive visitors, prepare refreshments if required.
- Share responsibility of general office duties including photocopying, filing, drinks & other general housekeeping and administration.
- Other specific projects or duties to be undertaken as and when required
- Great communication skills
- Be organised
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Personable approach
- Previous experience within Sales Admin, Customer Service or Account Management