£23k plus OTE £25500
Commutable from York, Pocklington, Selby, Hull
Hours Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
A well-established national company with a site based in Selby are looking for a confident and bright sales person to support with managing their existing clients and also to identify new opportunities within new clients.
Working as part of a team the successful candidate will proactively develop new business and build and nurture existing client relationships to maximise the potential.
- New business development through telesales and occasional field sales
- Key Account Management
- Generating & Calculating Freight quotations / tender documents
- Drafting and sending appropriate sales correspondence
- Follow up calls
- Managing sales process through to closure
- Developing long lasting relationships with new clients
- Managing the existing and new client quotes
- Ensuring that the quotes are completed promptly and are followed up to maximise conversion
Experience / skills required
- Freight forwarding or export sales experience, (ideal but not essential as training is provided).
- Proven Telesales experience.
- Proven success of calculating and submitting quotes and tender submissions.
- Experience of negotiating with clients and or suppliers.
- Key account management experience with proven success of developing relationships.
- Good administrative skills.
- Good numerical skills.
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Confident communicator. (Written and verbal)
- A positive and engaging personality.
- Can do sales / customer service orientation.
- Strong work ethic.
- Good attention to detail.
- Calm under pressure.