Job Type: Permanent
Location: Berkeley, South Gloucestershire
Hours of work: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday - 52 weeks a year
The Business Manager is part of the Senior Leadership Team with responsibility for the Finance, Health & Safety, HR, Premises and administration whilst supporting the site lead with lead. The supervision and development of support services teams to ensure an efficient, safe, healthy, clean, attractive and comfortable environment is provided within budget whilst business aims and objectives are met as a minimum and exceeded where possible.
- Take delegated responsibility as appropriate for specific time periods and areas such as financial and other relevant decisions and actions.
- Line manage the team leads of each of the Support Services ensuring the development and effective performance management of all members of the teams.
- Ensure clear direction for each support team function providing regular feedback through informal one to one meetings and formal appraisal or performance management processes
- Support the annual budgeting process ensuring all relevant parties at site are included so that budgets are realistic and cover all likely expenditure and highlight any new or expected expenditure.
- Communicate agreed budgets to budget holders educating as necessary to allow for regular accurate reporting on budget.
- In liaison with central functions and operating within processes and procedures work with SLT to prioritise and adjust expenditure throughout the year to keep within allocated budgets, e.g. major repairs and capital expenditure.
- In liaison with central HR function, oversee all local HR related procedures including maintenance of accurate and safe employment records and ensure that all HR processes, including safer recruitment are followed, are compliant and in line with the requirements of the regulatory bodies and company procedures and policies.
- Liaise closely with the Director of Estates and others on larger projects to ensure that local teams and resources are appropriately deployed to balance Opex and Capex requirements.
- Ensure that all property, fixture and fittings, grounds and other facilities are maintained to high standards of safety and security.
Duties will vary, you must expect to diversify and lend a hand wherever is required.
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
- A Management or Professional qualification in related area to role e.g. Management Diploma or Finance qualification is desirable.
- Relevant regulations and standards for education and care.
- Current inspection frameworks used by regulatory and statutory bodies.
- Safeguarding and legislative procedures when working with children and vulnerable adults.
- Management and knowledge of EBITDA, financial systems, processes and budget preparation.
- Excellent communication skills with a range of internal and external people, verbally and in writing
- Ability to form & promote positive relationships with and between young people, employees, parents and representatives of outside agencies
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Closing date is 11th June 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future