gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, who are looking for a Science Teacher.
Job Type: Permanent, Fixed Term Contract, Full Time to start in February 2021
Location: Leyland, Lancashire
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Salary: £25,714 to £36,963 per annum (M1 - M6) plus Teacher Pension
We are currently looking for a Science Teacher in Leyland where they support young people with Social Emotional and Mental Health difficulties (SEMH)
Most students will have struggled within mainstream settings and we support them to build back their confidence and self esteem and, by focusing on their strengths, help them realise opportunities for their future.
The key to this role will be your ability to deliver high quality teaching and learning of Science subjects at key stage 3- 4 including to GCSE level to students and take responsibility for their progress, welfare and outcomes.
You will deliver a dynamic programme of Science subjects, monitoring quality and standards within subjects, in consultation with the Head Teacher, teach other subjects as necessary to ensure the effective delivery of the schools curriculum.
The role will give you the opportunity to contribute to School planning and self-evaluation as well as the supervision of work by support staff who are assigned to the students. The role will also utilise your up to date knowledge and understanding of the professional duties of teaching.
Ultimately we are looking for people with a passion to positively change the lives of the young people that we work with.
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
- PGCE or QTS required and evidence of in-service training (essential).
- Experience of working in a school environment (essential)
- Ideally experience of working in a special school environment and in particular with pupils with autism and associated complex learning needs.
- Experience of successfully delivering a differentiated curriculum to students with a wide range of needs
- Understanding of the Safeguarding principles
- Experience of a range of approaches to managing and de-escalating challenging behaviours
- The ability to remain calm and reflective when working in a challenging environment.
- The ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Closing date is 26th January 2020
Gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.