Are you an experienced Warehouse Section Leader, Team Leader or FLM looking for a new and exciting opportunity to join an established business going through an extended period of growth ?
Based at a brand new depot, you will help create the positive culture and structured operation that is key to delivering an excellent service.
The position holders will support the effective running of the warehouse operation, managing the day to day activities of Team Members / General Operatives to ensure that customer requirements are achieved in a timely manner.
The positions will offer a salary of £33,700 and £1,800 shift allowance (for night shifts).
Shift pattern: Morning Shift - 08:00 start, Night Shift: 23:00 start.
- Oversee the effective running of the shift to ensure products are safely handled through all processes, ensuring all company procedures are adhered to, to meet customer expectations.
- Ensure all goods are handled in the correct manner to ensure that damage be kept to a minimum and manual handling techniques are followed to prevent injury and harm.
- Responsible for the smooth running of your designated shift, ensuring staff are briefed and managed in accordance with SOP's and WI's.
- Oversee employee relations procedures such as holiday authorisations to ensure sufficient levels of employees are available as required to meet operational demands, raising in a timely manner where additional staff are required either on a temporary or permanent basis.
- Carry out any other reasonable requests to support the effective running of the warehouse, including supporting other teams and shifts as necessary
- Ensure all company procedures are adhered to, including absence and performance management, standards of behaviour, disciplinary, PDR etc, supporting with investigations and disciplinary hearings as necessary.
- Ensure consistent 5S compliance - Sort, Straighten, Sanitise, Standardise, Sustain
- Ensure that all business communications are effectively managed and shared with the team as appropriate.
- Continuous Improvement
- Continuously look to improve processes and procedures to drive efficiency and improvement in business operation and customer service.
Health and Safety
- Ensure all health and safety procedures are adhered to, including PPE, escalating any concerns to your line manager at the earliest opportunity.
- Ensure all equipment checks are carried out in accordance with procedure, raising any defects to your line manager
- Previous experience of leading a team in a fast-moving operation.
- Previous warehouse experience
- Full counterbalance licence; awareness of manual handling techniques is an advantage.
- Good attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft packages and e-mail.
- Ability to prioritise workload, effectively managing multiple tasks.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Closing date for this position 15th of August 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.