Job Type: SEN Teacher
Location: Berkeley, Gloucestershire
Hours of work: 40 hours per week - Term Time Only
Salary: £25,714 - £40,124 (M1-UPS2)
To deliver high quality teaching and learning across multiple subjects to children and young people with SEMH and other complex or anxiety related needs who may present with challenging behaviours associated with their diagnosis. Some pupils may have multiple learning difficulties.
- Be responsible for the high quality of teaching and learning of all pupils who are assigned to the post holder, having responsibility for their progress, welfare and outcomes
- To have an up to date knowledge and understanding of the professional duties of teachers and the statutory framework within which teachers work.
- To take responsibility for implementing school policies and practice, including those relating to safeguarding and equality of opportunity.
- To contribute to the delivery and development of the curriculum, having regard to the educational, physical and social needs of the students within a learning environment.
- To maintain knowledge through training and research where appropriate and take responsibility for own professional development.
- To establish effective working relationships and set a good example through presentation and personal and professional conduct
- To maintain an overall awareness of current issues in the field of autism in order to be able to plan for effective teaching and learning.
Duties will vary, you must expect to diversify and lend a hand wherever is required.
- PGCE, QTS, or equivalent teaching qualification and evidence of in-service training.
- Working knowledge of SEMH students with complex needs.
- Evidence of sound knowledge of the national curriculum.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of autism and associated co-morbid conditions and how these can affect learning.
- Curriculum development and implementation for pupils with SEN
- Ability to engage pupils in positive enabling relationships.
What's on Offer:
- Full training and continued support
- Life assurance and pension
- Health cash back plan
- Car lease scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Perk box
- Free parking
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Closing Date 1 st October 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future