gap Professional are working with Ifor Williams Trailers, Britain's leading trailer manufacturer, operating at four advanced manufacturing sites across North Wales. As they look to further enhance their market presence, they are recruiting a Senior Buyer who will join this thriving team. This role will be responsible for all direct and indirect procurement for the business. Your focus will be to ensure OTIF, maintain the highest of quality and ensure all contracts are cost-effective for the business. The right candidate for this role will be proactive and take the initiative to make improvements throughout the Procurement function. This is a hands-on role requiring this Senior Buyer to be fully involved in both the day-to-day detail and the overall strategy for the team.
Pay & Hours of Work
- Monday - Friday / 8am - 5pm
- £40k - £45k per annum / Dependant on experience
- Developing all processes and procedures to ensure best Procurement practice.
- Negotiating, implementing and maintaining supplier agreements.
- Undertake supplier performance reviews as necessary in order to maintain supplier performance levels for quality, cost and delivery.
- Working cross functionally across the different department to ensure agreed company goals.
- Managing inventory levels and ensure accuracy without affecting production.
- Dealing with complex issues related to the development of new products, new suppliers, or technologies to enhance new or existing products.
- Working closely with suppliers to develop and maintain long lasting relationships.
- Implementing KPI's to accurately monitor supplier performance and ensure cost reductions.
- Escalating and addressing business risks without delay or hesitation.
- Full accountability for sourcing the right quality of products and services.
- Ability to deliver a procurement service which is cost effective, quality focussed, timely and reliable.
- Experience in developing high level sourcing strategies.
- Strong operational Procurement background.
- Experience in leading and influencing internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven experience working within a manufacturing environment.
- High level of education, including CIPS.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.