Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, who are looking for a Senior Buyer.
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of work: Monday - Friday 37.5hours
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager support with sourcing direct and indirect materials at the appropriate quality level, on time and at the most competitive cost from new programme launch through to steady state production.
- Work within Health & Safety regulations, Company Quality and Environmental systems of work, and all other Company policies and procedures
- Working positively to develop and foster good working relationships with colleagues and contracted personnel in order to maintain a culture of mutual respect and dignity
- Purchasing of direct materials in line with operational requirements. Actioning the requirements of MRP
- Maintaining part and procurement parameters in MRP/ERP, i.e. supplier lead times, strategic safety stocks, yields.
- Running tender processes for new requirements, negotiating pricing and terms and conditions to ensure the best position
- Inventory Management
- Identify and manage cost reduction initiatives
- Supplier Quality - work with suppliers and other departments to ensure robust corrective actions are in place to deal with no -conformity
- Work with Product/Programme team to manage procurement actions in new product introduction
- Build strong internal relationships and work with all areas to address purchasing issues and requirements
- Continuous Improvement. Work with internal colleagues and group colleagues to continuously develop and improve procurement and supply chain processes, tools and ways of working. Implement new tools, processes and procedures that are identified for group role out.
PERSON SPECIFICATION -
- CIPS or Working Experience matching expectations of role
- Experience in manufacturing environment essential
- Knowledge and experience of running MRP systems
- Technical experience preferable
- Able to be accountable and deliver results
- A safety-conscious approach to work
- Positive attitude to continuous improvement
- Well experienced in building internal and external relationships
- Flexible approach to working to meet deadlines
- Understanding of quality requirements in aerospace and medial industries
- Strong IT skills and knowledge and experience of working with MRP
- Experience in implementing Pull Control of Vendor Managed Inventory processes with suppliers
Closing date is 16th October 2020
Gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.