Are you an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer, with a background of working on High Speed Machinery, ideally maintaining Plastic / Print / Paper or Bottling Plant ?
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join a market leader in their specialist field ?
Responsible for providing an effective and efficient maintenance programme of 14 machines, finding faults and fixing any problems. This role is an integral part of the running of the business to keep the machines on schedule to meet the production demand.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Undertake maintenance and defective repair work as generated by the shift manager.
- Maintain records and documentation as instructed by the manager.
- Advise manager of any plant or system deficiency or defect
- Liaise and work with departmental staff to undertake duties, causing minimum disruption to staff.
- Ensure compliance with the business H&S requirements and at all times utilise personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Make all reasonable effort to ensure response times to jobs are achieved and comply with business requirements and that value for money is obtained.
- Maintain and keep safe and in good repair all tools and equipment.
- Other duties as required and when requested by the Shift Manager or senior management.
Attributes, Qualifications & Skill
- NVQ Level 3 Electrical / recognised apprenticeship / HNC Electrical Engineering
- 17th/18th edition wiring regulations.
- Min 4 years' experience gained in a manufacturing environment
- Time-Served Electrical Maintenance Engineering Experience.
- Knowledge of software language, PLC programming, electrical control systems, industrial automation, used for diagnosing faults.
- Knowledge of Allan Bradley PLC'S would be advantageous.
- Knowledge diagnosing faults on VSD's (variable speed drives)
- Able to read schematic drawings.
- An analytical approach to problem solving.
- Some multi skilling would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills
Have a flexible approach to working overtime when required.
Closing date is 30th January 2021
Hawk 3 are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.