SENIOR EXPORT COMPLIANCE COORDINATOR / EXETER - PERMANENT ROLE
Location: Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter
Assignment: Permanent contract
Hours: Monday to Friday 08:00am - 16:30pm
Salary: £30,000 - £32,000 per annum
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Export Compliance Coordinator to assist in providing a comprehensive documentary audit / compliance service to the Group, predominately for export shipments.
The successful candidate will liaise with 3PL transport providers / brokers both in the UK and Europe to manage the relevant import / export documentation to support post movement, whilst fully understanding the procedures and legislation required to meet current regulations.
Duties as a Senior Export Compliance Coordinator:
- All aspects of post-documentation checking and compliance, from overseeing VAT zero rating evidence through to checking foreign import entries for shipments made on DDP terms
- Understand the processes and formalities essential for international import/export trading & shipping
- Obtain supporting evidence for foreign import, export and customs requirements.
- Handling compliance documentation for shipments via air/sea/road freight/courier
- Ensure all shipments are in accordance with current country specific/HMRC legislation,
- Ensure clearance instructions for both import and export shipments are monitored/adhered to.
- Ensure any postponed VAT / deferred duty payments are correct and in accordance with instructions and set tariffs.
- Checking preference declarations have been followed by the nominated clearing agents. A complete understanding of trade agreements and origin requirements for both TCA, Ex-EFTA, and emerging agreements is required.
- Provide daily Supervision and guidance to Export compliance Administrator.
- Knowledge of Incoterms, commodity code, CHIEF/CDS and export documentation are vital for this role.
- Ensure all shipments are fully monitored and controlled - daily updates and reporting required.
- Ensure all import/export completed files are compliant with current HMRC regulations.
- Liaise with transport providers regarding any documentation/clearance issues.
- Supervise costs against set tariffs - authorisation of duty and transport invoices.
Assist Group Freight Manager as required and assist with Customs Compliance programme and other legislative aspects of the department.
Assist with import administration as and when required.
- Previous experience in a similar Export compliance Senior role
- A hands-on approach - good problem-solving skills
- Good IT skills and highly organised
- Ability to prioritise own workload and those of others in order to control volumes and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong understanding of the wider import and export process
- Proficient with all current import / export legislation and paperwork essentials
- Knowledge and experience of all shipping documentation and agreements for both Import/export.
We are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job
Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Successful applications will be contacted within 1 week of the closing date.
To apply for this role, please submit your CV via the Apply Now button or contact our Exeter office on 01392 273665 for more information.