Senior Firmware Engineers
gap professional are looking for permanent Senior to Principal Firmware Engineers for our client, a Global Engineering Services provider, for their co-located team based in Edinburgh for their client, a global defence industry leader.
The Senior & Principal Firmware Engineers would be responsible for design and development of Firmware designs using VHDL and verifying designs using VHDL or System Verilog within a thriving organisation with a wide range of products such as thermal imaging systems, radar systems, radio communications, infrared detection, signal processing and network systems.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Creating innovative and robust VHDL-based designs
- Documenting and recording deliverables
- Verifying firmware designs
- Ensuring configuration management/keeping designs under revision control
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Degree or equivalent in Electronics Engineering or another STEM-based subject
- At least 5 years' experience of developing firmware using VHDL or Verilog
- Experienced with Mentor Graphics FPGA development tools including HDL Designer, ModelSim / Questa and Precision
· Familiar with Xilinx / Intel (Altera) / Microsemi (Actel) ISE design flow and third-party synthesis tools
· Ability to analyse system and / or hardware level requirements and derive detailed Firmware requirements
· De-bugging firmware designs and supporting integration & verification at hardware
· and system level
· A good understanding of firmware version control and revision control software
· Ability to coordinate day to day technical activities, liaising closely with the Project Engineering Lead / Lead firmware engineer & other disciplines
- Experience in writing technical reports/ documentation
- Development of real-time, embedded, safety-critical firmware, preferably in accordance with RTCA/DO-254 DAL A or B
· Experience of firmware requirements capture and requirements management tools
· Relevant experience in the Aerospace or Defence industry
· Experience of embedded processor cores (e.g. ARM) in FPGA designs
- Independent verification using VHDL or SystemVerilog / UVM
UK citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain unrestricted SC clearance. Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage.
gap professional are acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of its client
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavor to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.