Job Title: Senior Operator
Job Type: Full time/Permanent
Hours: 40hrs - 5.45am - 2.15pm
Salary: £23,000 (Negotiable)
1. Lead motivate and develop their team, to ensure planned output requirements/quality standards are met whilst ensuring all H&S guidelines are followed.
2. Review team performance regularly to identify areas for improvement, and encourage progress of individual team members through performance review.
3. Achieve shift targets e.g. for line efficiencies, material usage variances, and absenteeism
4. Ensure all site specific Quality, Housekeeping & Hygiene standards are achieved or exceeded.
5. Develop team working across the factory applying continuous improvement principles.
6. Accurately complete all required shift documentation for compliance against BRC and site specific quality standards.
7. Ensure regular communication/briefing to provide the team with the relevant information to carry out their shift to maximum effect.
8. Contribute to the planning, organisation, operation and installation of all new processes and equipment within the factory.
9. Carry out Site Safety inspections and audits and supply to H&S committee for action.
10. Key holder
The above forms the main areas of responsibility for this role, but it is not exhaustive and it should be noted that duties may change over time, so the need for flexibility is key and the job-holder will be expected to co-operate with reasonable changes as required.
- Reliable time keeping and good attendance throughout your team.
- Flexibility in all areas of duties either given or required.
- Ensure production job sheets are filled out correctly by all staff
- Abide by BRC at all times and ensure your staff do the same (Glass register/Hygiene/Job sheets/No mobile phones etc)
- The use of pallet truck to replenish materials and store away finish product (Full training will be provided).
- Management of staff to ensure production targets are met.
- Full supervision of your team including motivation, training, and disciplinary actions, with assistance from myself.
- Work closely with myself and Graham to ensure machines are running correctly and introduce innovation and new ideas to the department including improvements to the workshop/ machines/ packaging and anything that can do to help improve efficiency.
- Materials used are of a good standard and if not placed in quarantine and reported immediately.
- Full shutdown of workshop at the end of your shift
- Keep control of stock items and informing Purchasing Dept of any future issues.
- Repair/Modify & improve 247 machines in production area to enable targets to be exceeded.
- Involved in planning of production and monitoring targets set to your team.
- Attention to detail
- People centred
- Cando attitude
- Focused on results
- Forward thinking
- Effective, strong communicator & influencer
- Flexible & adaptable
- Hard working and loyal
- Inspirational Leader
- Problem Solver
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.