Senior Packing/Machine Operatives
Hawk 3 are proud to once more be working in partnership with luxury chocolatier Hotel Chocolat to recruit Senior Packing Operatives for their St Neots site.
This fantastic business continues to experience unprecedented levels of growth, which will see the site triple in size over the next couple of years, with these vacancies alone leading to a 40% increase in headcount, and that's just for starters....
Since their inception in 1993, they've been raising the bar as an innovative, authentic and ethical manufacturer, who are passionate about fairness, equality & giving back - three core qualities they also live by as an employer. They are committed to continually investing in their employees and see it as their mission to ensure each person is given the opportunity to learn and grow alongside the business.
The above, plus a welcoming and energetic work environment mean these positions truly represent an exciting opportunity for the right candidates to build a career with a highly regarded, luxury brand who still operate with a "family feel".
- Location: Alpha Drive, St Neots
- Hours of work: Rotating Days / Fixed Nights
- Salary: £10.92 -£13.10
- Start dates: 4 th October onwards
You will be responsible for running a line and organising a team of people to deliver the production plan in a timely fashion, within agreed quality parameters to create our world class chocolate products. You will take responsibility to work safely as an individual and as part of the wider team. You will coordinate people, materials, and equipment to process various shapes and sizes of chocolate products. This is a fast paced, high diversity, high quality production environment, that will need you to demonstrate exceptional attention to detail to assure our products are packed to the highest quality standards.
- Take responsibility of your own Health and Safety and the Health and Safety of others around you and raise concerns to your Supervisor as quickly as possible
- Ensure all SOPs for all tasks performed by your team are followed completely.
- Ensure 100% compliance with product specifications, making 'world class products'
- Adopt and promote a 'Clean as you go' approach to your working area and equipment
- Proactively remove any risk of foreign body contamination from your production area.
- Food safety and hygiene standard compliance, and PPE policies to be adhered to by you and your team
Skills, experience & attributes sought:
- Ability to set up automated equipment (specific training will be given)
- Ability to train out and monitor the adherence to Standard Work
- Experience of working in a Food Safe environment, ideally Food safety level 2 trained
- HACCP trained with an awareness of how to assure quality through monitoring critical control points
- Ability to work on fast paced production environment / line
- Strong attention to detail, for both monitoring product quality and recording of essential data
- Knowledge of key manufacturing KPIs and GMP practice
- Hands on approach to leading and coaching teams
- Awareness and use of continuous improvement tools, for example Line Balancing
- Passion and desire to own your line / work area
- Verbal and written English sufficient to coherently discuss performance for your area
- Annual leave: 20 days + Bank holidays (Increase with service)
- No weekend working
- Discounts - 50% off retail products, dining & cafes. 70% off stays at Hotel Chocolat's Boucan Hotels in St Lucia
- Life Assurance - 2x salary
- Pension - contributory scheme
- Cycle scheme
- Significant opportunities for development and progression
Hours of work:
- Mon - Fri 06.00 - 14.00/ 14.00 - 22.00
- Sun - Thurs 22.00 - 06.00
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.