Are you an experienced Senior Quality Manager looking for an exciting opportunity to join a thriving manufacturing business operating within the Tier 1 Automotive Supply Chain ?
Hawk 3 are proud to be working in partnership with this World Class Automotive Component Manufacturer, in the search for a driven, highly skilled Senior Quality Manager.
Provide customer, supplier and operational support on a daily basis regarding quality concerns and planning relative to the product in order to promote and maintain quality standards at the predetermined customer and corporate requirements.
- To manage/organise the Quality Engineer/s on a day to day basis. This includes those based at customer premises and ensuring that all aspects of Quality Engineer’s functions are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all Quality Engineers are effectively trained with respect to the requirements of their job, also ensuring that they work together as a team.
- Co-ordinate the receipt, response and monitoring reports from the customer ensuring containment action is taken, root cause analysis and permanent long term actions are implemented. Ensure all parties are kept fully informed of actions and dates achieved.
- Provide technical / quality support to manufacturing in order for them to be able to produce efficiently and to the correct quality requirements.
- Ensure Quality process audits are carried out/monitored against schedule and corrective/preventative actions are implemented.
- Provide plant and customer with all necessary documentation and participate in full with business and customer requirements, e.g. QS9000, APQP, PPAP, FMEA and other Quality Reporting Systems.
- Ensure that all quality related documentation is completed accurately and on time in accordance with predetermined requirements.
- Prepare documentation for internal and external measurables e.g RPPMs, FCPA, DPPMs etc., for evaluation and tracking of quality performance.
- Liaise with the Quality Manager in order to identify, recommend and source new equipment.
- Conduct the training and induction of new starters into the Quality Department in order to ensure all staff are properly trained and inducted.
- Ensure that all operational personnel are fully aware of internal and external quality standards and concerns on an ongoing basis to assist in ensuring quality standards are maintained.
- Communicate and co-ordinate Quality data/results/findings and 8D’s quality information amongst all internal departments in order to ensure compliance.
- Continually consider and propose, where appropriate, new methods of implementing and controlling quality standards in order to continuously improve the quality performance of the company.
- Provide support in the preparation and maintenance of documentation and systems in order to comply with IATF/ISO9001.
- Ensure that all personnel have a thorough understanding of the Quality System and work to the plant and corporate procedures.
- Co-ordinate, maintain and interpret statistical information supplied by customers, internal sources, suppliers and contractors in order to comply with customer requirements and ensure customer specifications are adhered to.
- Ensure that product inspection procedures, reports and documentation are accurately completed and monitored in order that each product has complete traceability.
- Ensure FMEA and Control Plan are regularly reviewed and updated when 8d’s, any product/process changes or quality concerns arise whilst informing all relevant personnel of any changes.
- Ensure that all process instructions have detailed and accurate quality related information. Review on a regular basis when 8D’s, APQP or any other product or process changes/concerns occur.
- Ensure that the Quality department is managed effectively in the absence of the Quality & SHE Manager.
- Maintain compliance with relevant health, safety and environmental procedures and legislation to assist in the maintenance of a safe and environmentally friendly workplace.
- Continually work as a team member to maintain and improve the team work philosophy within the Company.
Closing date for this position 12th of May 2021.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.