Senior RF-Microwave Engineer
gap professional are looking for a permanent Senior or Principal RF-Microwave Engineer
for our client, a Global Engineering Services provider, for their co-located team based in Basildon for their client, a global defence industry leader.
The Senior or Principal RF/ Microwave engineers would be responsible for design, commissioning and test of RF/ Microwave circuitry on complex systems.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Creating high-quality and robust RF/ Microwave circuit designs
- Documenting and recording deliverables
- Supporting integration & verification activities at hardware and system level
- Keeping designs under configuration control
- Providing progress reports
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Degree in Physics, Mathematics or Systems Engineering is preferred but will consider Optical Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- RF/ Microwave design experience including; Microwave PCB materials and design techniques, Microwave Sub-System design, Knowledge of microwave power amplifier design & technology, Design of complex microwave switch matrix, Application of microwave GaAs/ GaN MMIC, Design of complex passive microwave structures, S-parameter manipulation, EM 3D and 2D simulation techniques, Non-linear circuit simulation and modelling, Matching network design, Microwave component selection
- Understanding of Radar Systems or Radar Receivers, including experience of Frequency
synthesizer design, Receiver architectures and design, General RF and microwave PCB-
level design with COTS active & passive components
- Expert knowledge in one or more of the following RF/ Microwave design tools:- AWR
Microwave office, CST Microwave studio, Keysight (Agilent) ADS, or AWR Visual System
- Ability to analyse system requirements and derive detailed hardware requirements
- Experience of debugging & testing new RF/ Microwave circuit designs
- Previous experience of the full hardware design lifecycle and presenting designs for peer/ formal design reviews Self-motivated, with an aptitude to problem solve and drive difficult issues to conclusion
- Ability to coordinate day to day technical activities, liaising closely with the Project
Engineering Lead, Lead RF/ Microwave engineer & other engineering disciplines
- Experience of liaising with Manufacturing/ Production colleagues and external suppliers
of key components and assemblies
- Experience of hardware requirements capture and requirements management tools
- Previous experience of designing DDS, PLL, DAC, ADC circuits, high dynamic range /
low-noise design & minimising phase noise
- Experience of supervising other RF/ Microwave engineers, planning and managing work
for yourself and a small team
UK citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain unrestricted SC clearance. Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage.
gap professional are acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of its client
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.