Hawk 3 have a new and exciting opportunity recruiting a Senior Technician for our client who provides a specialist service in construction and building services.
- Location: Preston
- Hours of work: 37 hours per week, Mon - Thursday 8.30am-5pm and on Friday 8.30am-4.30pm
- Salary: £25,700K
Working in our test and calibration suites, the objective of this varied role is to carry out equipment testing, calibration of test rigs and instrumentation, involvement with the production of reports of certificates for clients and the control of stock. The role will require flexibility and teamwork.
- Comply with and operate to all health and safety and quality assurance in accordance with the relevant standards
- Performing traceable & UKAS accredited calibrations under ISO 9001 & BS EN ISO/IEC 17025 quality systems
- Production of standard calibration certificates and reports from test data
- Helping in the continued conformity with the requirements contained in ISO 9001 (BSI) and ISO 17025 (UKAS) through procedures defined within the Quality Manual. These are to include the maintenance of the quality system through record keeping and the testing of laboratory reference instrumentation
- Understand the working of a variety of complex pieces of instrumentation and test equipment as well as their technical
- specifications and the methods that can be used to calibrate and/or test these, including fault diagnosis and minor repair.
- Liaison with clients and internal colleagues regarding technical support and advice on instrument and equipment use/repair/replacements.
- The testing, calibration and maintenance/repair of BSRIA's hire stock of instruments, client equipment, and laboratory equipment to ensure that their performance meets established acceptance criteria.
- If required in-house demonstrations of product use to customers and/or
- customer development days
- Order processing, booking in and dispatch of instrumentation and test equipment
- When required mentor and supervise technicians on the aspects of the role
- Contribute to the development of laboratory processes and systems to improve performance and best practice
- Preparation and packing of instruments prior to hire and receipt of stock returns
- Handling tools
- Any other duties commensurate with the role
Skills and Knowledge:
- Recognised qualification in mechanical/electrical engineering
- Experience of working in a calibration test environment to ISO 9001 or ISO17025
- Knowledge of the production of uncertainty budgets
- Methodical with a practical ability including diagnostic skills
- PC literate
- Excellent numeracy and administrative skills
- Knowledge or experience in the measurement of air velocity, humidity, pressure and temperature
- Understanding of health and safety compliance
- Ability to work unsupervised to meet deadlines as well as a team player
Closing date 18th February 2022
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment, and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.