Are you an experienced Transport Manager looking for a new and exciting opportunity with an established FMCG business ?
Would you like to work in a role that offers genuine opportunity to add real value to a business operation ?
This role is key to delivering our clients vision for the evolution of the businesses internal Transport Operation, currently standing at 45 x Drivers, 45 x Tractor Units and 80 x Trailers, and includes the use of external third party hauliers.
You will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of exceptional levels of service to internal and external customers, ensuring on time deliveries in excellent condition, every time.
How will you contribute?
- Develop and implement new revenue streams through backload networks
- Manage a support team of 8 staff made up of planners, clerks and administrators.
- Ensure Health and Safety compliance and promotion at all times.
- Ensure a positive team culture.
- To proactively motivate colleagues to achieve planned targets and deadlines by providing guidance and encouragement
- Ensure company procedures are strictly adhered to
- To ensure drivers are legally compliant (including WTD) at all times and address issues of lack of conformance through the appropriate disciplinary channels
- To ensure that all the staff are fully trained
- Monitor performance, timekeeping, attendance, overtime and sickness levels of individual colleagues
- Conduct regular team meetings to communicate performance levels and key information to employees
- Ensure sufficient staffing levels are maintained to ensure operational success
- Ensure that administration is carried out in a thorough and consistent manner.
- To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required for the effective operation of business
- Help control costs to meet budget
- Lead, motivate, train and develop the team and ensure consistent full utilization of resources is achieved
- Develop new procedures and training methods in order to drive performance
- Complete regular performance reviews with direct reports and implement improvement action plans where required
What will you bring?
- CPC holder - International
- Transport management experience
- Experience of setting up external backload networks and revenue streams
- Excellent team building, leadership and motivational skills
- Ability to build strong and effective relationships with customers and colleagues
- Negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to present well-reasoned arguments to evaluate and solve opportunities and risks
- An understanding of budgetary implications and their impact on operational KPIs
- Experience of Transport Management Systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Enthusiastic, committed and able to respond in a positive manner to change
Closing date for this position 23rd of May 2021.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.