Senior Warehouse Operative
Hawk 3 are proud to once more be working in partnership with luxury chocolatier Hotel Chocolat to recruit a Senior Warehouse Operative for their Huntingdon site.
This fantastic business continues to experience unprecedented levels of growth, which will see the site triple in size over the next couple of years.
Since their inception in 1993, they've been raising the bar as an innovative, authentic and ethical manufacturer, who are passionate about fairness, equality & giving back - three core qualities they also live by as an employer. They are committed to continually investing in their employees and see it as their mission to ensure each person is given the opportunity to learn and grow alongside the business.
The above, plus a welcoming and energetic work environment mean these positions truly represent an exciting opportunity for the right candidates to build a career with a highly regarded, luxury brand who still operate with a "family feel".
- Location: PE29 7HF
- Hours of work: Sunday - Thursday, 10pm - 6am.
- Salary: £23,358.40 (£11.23 an hour)
You will be responsible to carry out accurate, efficient, and safe handling including storage, and dispatch of all raw materials and finished product. To be fully multi-skilled and be prepared and able to work in any department within the warehousing operation. Work safely as an individual and as part of the team.
The Senior Warehouse Operative will pro-actively work with the Warehouse Operative and Warehouse Controller to continuously improve performance to KPI's and will reinforce the team ethic of HC through effective communication. As part of the warehouse and manufacturing teams, you will take an active role to Promote and reinforce the vision and culture of the HC brand and be an ambassador for its values.
Plan and Demand Attainment
- Escalate any performance or other issues that may affect delivery of business service level agreements / standards.
- Ensure daily plans are achieved on time and in full.
- Deliver all processes in line with operational KPI's.
- Coordinate the tasks for the team of Warehouse operatives
- Ensure all work is carried out accurately and efficiently and in line with site SOP's in order to protect stock integrity.
- Ensure goods in and goods out are processed in line with SOP and all discrepancies are escalated on time.
- Ensure paperwork and Elucid entries are accurate.
- Ensure world class GMP standards are adhered to at all times.
- Carry out agreed quality orientated checks and report results.
- Ensure lorries are loaded and unloaded safely and in timely manner
- Ensure verification completed for actual product against ticket/paperwork
- Ensure delivery of correct materials and ingredients to the lines in time.
- Ensure received Works Orders are checked against picklists and discrepancies escalated
- Ensure bulk materials and ingredients are replenished on time
- Ensure handover is informative and effective
- Carry out all reasonable requests made by management team
- Ensure you are cost-conscious at all times and contribute to keeping costs within budget by working to set productivity and performance rates.
- Demonstrate working at performance rates and provide advice and guidance to assist others to achieve set rates.
Material variance/ yield control
- Carry out daily and cycle counts accurately and report discrepancies and potential quality risks
- Escalate material quality and quantity concerns to your line manager as soon as possible
- Report stock shortage to your line manager as soon as possible
- Attend meetings if requested and provide the required information.
- Timely completion of performance boards with accurate information.
- Listen to, conduct and act on briefings and instructions received by line managers and seek instruction or clarification when unsure.
- Speak for and/or encourage others to seek instruction or clarification if they are unsure.
- Able to effectively communicate to the team at all levels, including a group of people.
Safety and Quality standards
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety systems and to be always responsible for your own Health and Safety and the Health and Safety of others around you
- Perform Start-up checks of MHE and escalate issues.
- Behave in the safe and responsible manner and promote and encourage others of the culture of safe working.
- Ensure MHE is operated in a safe manner and in line with training received.
- Report potential risks to your manager immediately: behavioural, equipment, product.
- Food safety standard compliance and hygiene, and PPE policies adhered to
- Being an ambassador of driving the culture of pride for the produce by setting and demanding high standards
- Be able to talk an external auditor through your process / procedure around utilising your asset.
- Identify opportunities, plan how process can be improved
- Yield / Material Variance / Packaging Waste / Inventory waste / Line Efficiency etc
- Working project to show savings from improvements on the line / process.
- Involvement in 5S and other Kaizen instruments developed for site.
- Be able to challenge constructively and to be able to receive feedback openly
- Have a collaborative working approach
- Seek continuous personal development
- Cover Warehouse Controller when needed
- Cross skilled between Warehouse operations.
Skills And Experience
- Food safety level 2
- Holder of all relevant MHE certificates. (Will be provided)
- Knowledge of KPIs
- Knowledge of continues improvement tools
- Passion and ownership of the line and the work area
- Verbal and written English, able to coherently discuss performance of your asset / process.
- No weekend working
- Annual leave: 20 days + Bank holidays
- Discounts - 50% off retail products, dining & cafes. 70% off stays at Hotel Chocolat's Boucan Hotels in St Lucia
- Life Assurance - 2x salary
- Pension - contributory scheme
- Cycle scheme
- Significant opportunities for development and progression