Our prestigious Agricultural client is looking for a Service Manager to join the growing team at their depot local to Huntingdon, Cambridge shire. The role will require you to be at the centre of the customer after sales experience and you will lead the depot and workshop teams to deliver an excellent service.
Our client is a market leader in their industry who possesses an engaging and positive culture in the workplace with above average staff retention rates. The Service Manager role will require you to work Monday to Friday (45 hours a week).
Duties of the Service Manager:
- Providing excellent customer service to customers both face to face, phone and via email, carefully understanding their needs.
- Planning and allocating work for the workshop technicians based on their skills and expertise ensuring all jobs have job cards and the team have clear instructions for the work required.
- Supporting and coaching team members to ensure they are comfortable in undertaking their tasks and supporting them with problems to find solutions.
- Monitor WIP (Work in Progress) and Warranty work to ensure all administrative tasks are kept up to date and WIP is kept to a minimal throughout the year.
- Ensuring all Health and Safety procedures and policies are always implemented and adhered to.
- Provides regular updates on the workshop performance with the depot manager and group managers.
- Undertaking regular workshop meetings, briefing and reviews to ensure effective communication and high levels of employee engagement.
- Undertakes resource planning to ensure correct staff levels to meet current and future demands including apprentice levels.
- Market and promote the service department and all aftersales products and services including ensuring a culture of sales through service from the technicians.
- Ensuring the workshop and service administrator(s) work is completed to the required standards and in a timely manner including clock cards, job cards, invoicing and rotas.
Experience required for the Service Manager:
- Previous leadership experience in a busy workshop is essential
- Ability to prioritise and manage jobs/allocation
- Good technical knowledge- agricultural or plant related
- Excellent communication skills and the role is customer facing
- Full UK driver’s license
- This role would suit an experienced Service Manager looking to join a prestigious company brand or a Foreman looking for a step up in their career.
In return for your hard work:
- You will receive an attractive annual salary which will be discussed and disclosed with you during the first stage screening process.
- You will be provided with small company van
- Generous annual bonus entitlement
- Excellent work facilities and a healthy and positive working environment
- Access to staff discounts.
- Annual leave entitlement starting at 22 days + bank holidays with increases over length of service of up to 25 days.