Hawk 3 Talent Solutions have teamed up with a manufacturing business based in Southend Essex who are on the look for Sewing Machinists to join the busy team. This is a rewarding role in which you will be responsible for cutting, sewing, and completing items to a high standard. Full time and part time applications will be considered.
Duties of the Sewing Machinist:
- To overlock cut parts as per instructions/training.
- To sew cut parts into complete items referencing drawings, templates, work instructions and/or samples
- To carry out any reworks deemed necessary by management, supervision, or inspection.
- To keep the sewing machine/overlocker in a clean and regularly oiled condition and report any faults to the Team Leader.
- To work within guidelines/instructions to ensure traceability is maintained.
- To carry out duties in a proper and efficient manner, always act wholeheartedly in the interest of the Company and to comply with the Company Rules and Regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained.
- To support team members with other tasks as and when necessary
- To help create and maintain a safe working environment and observe the published Health and Safety procedures.
- Full time working hours are 39 hour per week, Monday to Friday.
Experience required for the Sewing Machinist:
- You will have at least 1 years previous experience in a sewing related role
- Experienced and confident in using industrial sewing machines
- Good technical knowledge and understanding of how parts of material fit together
- Work well independently
- Candidates will ideally live locally or have their own transport due to the location in Southend, Essex.
Benefits Package on offer:
- Paid an hourly rate of up to £11.73 per hour depending on experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme for eligible employees
- 24 days holiday per year + bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Free access to a local gym
- Free car parking
- Early finish on Fridays (1.00pm)
- After 1 years' service you will have access to - Company Sick Pay Scheme, Health Care Cash Plan and the Employee Assistance Programme