Hours of work: 9.00am-5.00pm Monday to Friday
Salary: £28,000 - £32,000 (negotiable dependent on experience)
Our client is seeking a self-managed, highly motivated and good communicator who will be an objective internal auditor for their site to add value and improve their operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of adherence and control. The candidate will require to have an excellent knowledge on BRC requirements for internal auditing, be familiar with retailer customer codes of practice, hygiene and fabrication requirements and be able to travel on occasion for the completion of depot audits.
An in-depth knowledge and understanding on HACCP and Food Safety is required, preferable to L3, and Lead Auditor qualification.
- Responsible for overall management and completion to root cause and corrective action of the internal audit process from start to finish for the site internal audits against internal schedules including BRC and Retailers COP
- Responsible for determining the internal audit scope and developing annual audit plans
- Responsible for obtaining, analysing and evaluating documentation, reports, data etc. to ensure compliance is achieved against standards and site procedures and polices
- Responsible for planning audits with the relevant team members
- Responsible for recording and raising any NCR's with the relevant departments and managing an effective timely close out of actions
- Responsible for the management of the master action log and its completion
- Implement a monthly NCR meeting with the relevant departments to ensure all NCR's are closed out effectively within the timescale, giving support where required
- Where practical, update documents to aid the close out process in line with the sites business management system working closely with the Technical Systems Officer
- Responsible for reviewing corrective actions to verify these are effective
- Complete once monthly a night shift independent hygiene audit
- Responsible for the Glass and Brittle Plastic audit documentation and risk assessment.
- Be the lead for the Internal audit team.
- Be familiar with Red tractor compliance and assist in any audit preparation by supporting the site Quality Assurance Manager
- Prepare and present, where required, reports that reflect audits results against KPI requirements
- Maintain open communication with the site to effectively manage and prevent any recurring issues
- Conduct, where required, follow up audits to ensure successful close out
- Where required, review and undertake an independent audit against site specific schedules, i.e. belt checks.
- Engage with best practice and be able to educate staff to provide the Food Safety Culture in the workplace
- Assistance with specific project work
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Experience working in a similar role
Internal auditor qualification, preferable against BRC V8 or 7 as a minimum.
Food Safety L3
TACCP and VACCP knowledge
Red Tractor knowledge
IT skills is key as PC work is required
Closing date is 26 th May 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future