Gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client, who are looking for a SENCO
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Meldreth, Nr.Royston
Hours of work: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000
We are currently have a fantastic opportunity a s SENCO. It is a truly unique and inspiring provision providing education, care and integrated therapeutic support for children and young people age 9-19 years with severe and profound communication difficulties associated with conditions such as cerebral palsy, autism, brain injury and degenerative disorders. Our therapeutic offer includes Hydrotherapy, Rebound therapy, Intensive Interaction, Music therapy and more.
You will be part of our dynamic leadership team, and will make a significant contribution to our rapid rate of improvement. With our continuous growth and significant investment in our environments this is an exciting time to join in a role where you will have opportunity to use your experience and innovations to ensure that the School progresses from 'Good' to 'Outstanding'.
The SENCO will take lead responsibility to ensure all pupils are appropriately supported to achieve in line with their targets and full potentials. The post holder will have responsibility for ensuring that EHCPs are reviewed and updated appropriately and PEPs with supporting documents are completed in full, attend CIN, LAC, TAYP, BSP and transition planning meetings.
The SENCO will take a lead role in the day to day operational management of the school to ensure a purposeful and safe environment. You will be required liaise closely with care managers.
The SENCO will be expected to model best practice when working with all our individual pupils and be able to provide outcomes at a consistently high standard.
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
- SENCO qualification and experience of at least 3yrs; ideally in a special school setting
- Evidence of recent continuous professional development relevant to the post
- A passion and commitment to securing the very best inclusive provision for all students with a wide range of highly complex needs
- Creativity and innovation to meet the needs of our unique young people
- High standard of teaching a range of ages from Year 3 to Post 16 (ideally in Special Schools setting)
- Have working knowledge of total communication methods including the use of AAC, Makaton etc.
- Understand of the expectations and ethos of inclusive practice.
- Have working knowledge of the SEND Code of Practice and the Equality Act 2010
- An understanding of a range of teaching, learning assessment and positive behaviour support strategies to make a positive impact on the progress of pupils who have a range of barriers to learning and complex needs
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Closing date is 1 st March 2020
Gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.