Spray Booth Operative
Location: Chepstow, UK
Hours of Work: 40 hours, 07.30-15.30 / 12.00-20.00 M-F (1 week rotating)
Salary: £24,046 – plus overtime available
Hawk 3 Talent are working with a specialist global manufacturer who are looking to recruit a Spray Booth Operative for their Chepstow site. Excellent opportunity for progression for the right candidate.
Accountable to the Paint Line Team Leader, the Spray Booth Operative is part of a small team responsible for the operation of the powder booth in a vertical powder coating plant for architectural aluminium extrusions. This role will also involve providing cover for the water treatment technicians as required by the needs of the business.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Set-up and monitor the spray booth for correct operation to meet all agreed quality standards.
- Complete colour changes in a timely manner understanding the impact of different colour change procedures on quality.
- To analyse technical / quality problems with the process / product and implement solutions quickly and effectively.
- Schedule the work to maximise productivity and achieve quality requirements.
- To complete relevant paperwork in line with process.
- To monitor and carry out all paint powder/consumable item stock control transactions via SAGE or similar
- To understand customer needs in line with the needs of the business.
- To keep up to date and respond accordingly to all enquiries.
- To liaise with and assist internal staff where required, promptly and in a professional manner.
- To attend meetings, training programmes, etc. as directed by management; and
- To provide feedback to all other areas of the business to ensure continuous improvement of our services.
- Any other duties that may be required.
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous experience of working in a similar role, specifically a thorough and practical understanding of the powder booth, the control panel and associated powder handling / recycling system
- Previous experience of Water industry operations i.e. water and waste water treatment, water and sewerage network operations;
- Proven experience of working in an organised and structured way
- Previous experience of working in a fast-growing company
- Ability to understand production paperwork, including engineering drawings would be an advantage
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office
Skills & Attributes
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Able to work unsupervised and as part of a team
- Ability to build constructive working relationships with colleagues
- Excellent time keeping skills
- Ability to work proactively and flexibly
In return, you will benefit from:
Overtime available – Mon to Sat time and a half, Sun and Bank Holidays double time
Monday to Friday working pattern (rotating mornings and afternoons)
30 Days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
Free onsite car parking
Company pension scheme
Employee support programme
Non-contractual company bonus (eligibility applies)
Employee events, discounts at high street retailers and much more
Closing date is the 19th Dec2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future