Are you an experienced forklift driver or warehouse operative looking for a new and exciting opportunity?
Would you like to work at one of Europe's busiest ferry ports handling a large market share of the UKs trade in goods?
The job holder will be trained and competent to operate a range of plant and equipment, to ensure the safe and efficient handling and storage of cargo loads. The duties of the position include landside operations such as banksman and mooring, as well as operating a 3.5 and 5 tonne Forklift, Pallet Truck and Reach Forklift.
The position requires the post holder to work flexible hours to meet Cargo needs and port wide operational requirements. The post holder requires a flexible approach to working hours and the availability to work at short notice. Position will report to Duty Operations Manager and Operations Manager, under the supervision of Operations Controllers, Warehouse Controllers and Container and Export Controller.
- To complete and file all relevant documentation in accordance with our procedures and standards.
- To follow all operational practices, risk assessments and method statements in accordance with Cargo procedures
- Ensure all safety issues are dealt with promptly.
- To raise quality non-conformances via the reporting system where an issue has been identified where customer services or statutory requirements are being affected.
- To assist, where necessary, in the training of new staff.
- To identify and manage risks, particularly those that affect safety, and to ensure that all tasks under your control are performed with the utmost regard for health and safety. To facilitate effective communication on risk and safety issues.
- To comply with environmental instructions and to identify potential risks to the environment, or areas where environmental impact can be reduced.
- To maintain high standards of behaviour and appearance in accordance with the Company's dress code and customer's expectations consistent with upholding the Board's good name and reputation.
- To wear and keep clean specified items of uniform clothing, whether provide by the Company's or not, in accordance with the Company's Uniform & Staff Appearance Policy.
- To wear and keep clean personal protective equipment, including high visibility clothing, (and life jackets where appropriate), in accordance with the departments requirements and Dock Regulations.
- To carry out all duties in compliance with the policies and procedures in the staff handbook.
- To comply with all safety instructions and to accept responsibility for our own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by what you do. To identify potential risks in the work area and to report such risks promptly to management.
- To perform other duties assigned by the Controller from time to time. Such duties will, however be reasonable in relation to the jobholders skills and abilities.
Shift - Various shifts, flexibility on working hours is essential.
Closing date is 11th May 2022
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of its client
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment, and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.