On behalf of an innovative, global manufacturer we are seeking a Tax Specialist/Compliance Manager with an in-depth knowledge of Import/Export regulations, Divergent Entries and UK/EU & International Trade experience to join their finance team.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this is a stand-alone position, so the ideal candidate will be pro-active, resilient and confident working independently. A large part of this position will be preparing the organisation for BAU post-Brexit and so experience of these preparations will be advantageous.
Hours of work: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5PM
Interviews to be held week commencing the 5th October.
Reporting directly to the financial controller with responsibility for all aspects of import/export operations and internal compliance program (ASAT) by working closely with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Accountable for maintenance of Import/Export internal procedures
- Development and management of regular, internal Import/Export audits
- Setting import/export instruction restrictions to customs agents and monitor compliance with customs and foreign trade regulations (import and export)
- Provide expert advice to stakeholders on tariff classification and license requirements (import and export)
- Management of all import/export licences including application process to HMRC and ECO
- Ensuring conformance to IP suspension authorization, CFSP authorization and Customs Warehouse authorisation
- Ensuring compliance with AEO authorization including audits
- Responsible for preparation of IPR claims (bills of discharge)
- Dealing with audits and queries from HMRC
- Leading Brexit preparations
- Responsible for timely completion of all EXIM and Finance ASATs
Skills, Experience & Attributes Sought:
- Significant experience in International Transportation/Logistics/Customs Compliance/import/export regulations, ideally gained within a manufacturing firm
- A professional qualification in Customs Import/Export or International Trade - Advantageous
- Knowledge of TAX Import/Export Duty
- Knowledge of the UK and EU trade Compliance regulations
- AEO and IPR knowledge and experience
- Good IT Skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel
- Independent, resilient and able to handle high pressure situations
- Strong communication/negotiation & problem-solving skills
- Highly organised, even when dealing with shifting priorities
Closing date for applications: Friday, 9th October
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future