Job Type: Teaching Assistant - Level 1-2
Location: Piling, Bristol
Hours of work: 40 hours per week - Term Time Only
Salary: £8.95 - £10.20ph
The purpose of the Teaching Assistant is to support the children with their learning and general wellbeing to ensure every child has the best opportunity to reach their full potential in a caring and safe environment. Where necessary this may include supporting with care needs from time to time as well as positive behaviour management adopting a tailored approach to the individual child.
- To establish a warm, caring and supportive relationship with pupils in order to support them feeling safe and enabling them to enjoy and learn during their time at the School.
- To promote and encourage independence and personal development in pupils and maintain high expectations of behaviour at all times.
- To contribute to providing high quality, challenging and differentiated educational activities and experiences through supporting the teaching of a broad and balanced curriculum aiming at pupils achieving their full potential in all areas of learning.
- Support the Class Teacher in all areas of the day to day running of the class
- To respond to the varying and changing needs of the school and adapt to any task presented to achieve the smooth running of the school.
- To promote pupils' cognitive, social, emotional, behavioural, physical development and spiritual well-being.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to work collaboratively within a multi-professional team
- Under the guidance of a more senior TA or a teacher, ensure all documentation is completed correctly for records of incidents, health, behaviour etc. as necessary
Duties will vary, you must expect to diversify and lend a hand wherever is required.
- GCSE Maths and English Level 2/C or above qualification is essential.
- Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures.
- Knowledge or experience of pupils with SEN
- Commitment to the role, the desire to put the child first and treat them as an individual
- Be positive and creative in meeting pupils' needs
What's on Offer:
- Full training and continued support
- Life assurance and pension
- Health cash back plan
- Car lease scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Perk box
- Free parking
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Closing Date 6 th August 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future