Job Type: Teaching Assistant - Level 3
Location: Piling, Bristol
Hours of work: 40 hours per week - Term Time Only
Salary: £10.45 - £11.49ph
The purpose of the Teaching Assistant is to support the children with their learning and general wellbeing to ensure every child has the best opportunity to reach their full potential in a caring and safe environment. Where necessary this may include supporting with care needs from time to time as well as positive behaviour management adopting a tailored approach to the individual child. On occasion, the TA will support the Teacher with the overall running of the class and delivery of lessons including some team teaching and modelling of techniques.
- Take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils according to the school's policies, including safeguarding and PREVENT.
- Provide meaningful feedback on pupil behaviour, relationships and attitudes.
- Monitor behaviour and concentration levels of the children and intervene to resolve issues. Adapt own behaviour and responses to any change or escalations in behaviour of the children. Ensure all documentation is completed correctly for records of incidents, health, behaviour etc. as necessary.
- Support the development of, and implement, learning activities and experiences, appropriate to the class group, by supporting the delivery of a broad and balanced curriculum aiming at pupils achieving their full potential in all areas of learning.
- Under the guidance of the Teacher, help collate evidence and information that support pupils' attainment and progress
- Participate in the planning and evaluation of learning activities.
- Ensure all documentation is completed correctly for records of incidents, health, behaviour, etc as necessary.
- Duties will vary, you must expect to diversify and lend a hand wherever is required.
Duties will vary, you must expect to diversify and lend a hand wherever is required.
- L3 award in supporting teaching and learning in schools or equivalent
- Previous experience (at least one year) of working as a L2 qualified or equivalent TA.
- Relevant knowledge and experience of pupils with SEN relevant to Provision
- Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures
- Experience of managing a range of approaches to behaviour, including managing behaviours that challenge.
- Experience working within education is advantageous
- Experience of working within a multi-cultural, inclusive setting
- Commitment to the role, the desire to put the child first and treat them as an individual
- Be positive and creative in meeting pupils' needs
What's on Offer:
- Full training and continued support
- Life assurance and pension
- Health cash back plan
- Car lease scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Perk box
- Free parking
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Closing Date 6 th August 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future