Job Type: Teaching Assistant
Location: Leyland, Lancashire
Hours of work: 40 hours per week - Term Time Only
Salary: £8.95 - £10.20ph
The purpose of the Teaching Assistant is to support the children with their learning and general wellbeing to ensure every child has the best opportunity to reach their full potential in a caring and safe environment. Where necessary this may include supporting with care needs from time to time as well as positive behaviour management adopting a tailored approach to the individual child.
- Participate in the planning and evaluation of learning activities.
- Provide meaningful feedback on pupil attainment and progress.
- Support the teacher in monitoring, assessing, recording and reporting pupils' progress according to the school's policies in order to monitor and foster pupils' progress in all areas of learning.
- Support positive behaviour and concentration levels of the children and adapt own behaviour and responses to any change or escalations in behaviour of the children.
- Promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) development and British values within the PSHE policy across the whole school.
- Promote pupils' cognitive, social, emotional, behavioural, physical development and spiritual well-being through a whole Day Curriculum.
Duties will vary, you must expect to diversify and lend a hand wherever is required.
- Experience working with SEN in an employed or voluntary setting
- Working towards Level 2 award in Support work in schools or an equivalent is desirable
- GCSE Maths and English Level 2/C or above qualification is essential.
- Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures.
- Knowledge or experience of pupils with SEN or SEMH/ASD
- Commitment to the role, the desire to put the child first and treat them as an individual
- Be positive and creative in meeting pupils' needs
What's on Offer:
- Full training and continued support
- Life assurance and pension
- Health cash back plan
- Car lease scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Perk box
- Free parking
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Closing Date 9 th August 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future