Job Title: Team Leader
Location: South Molton
Job Type: Full Time/ Permanent
Hours: 8am - 4:45pm Monday to Thursday and Friday 8am to 12pm.
- To ensure the effective running of the team, utilising and developing skills as appropriate
- To ensure the manufacture of parts are in accordance with the customer requirements to the specified quality, cost and delivery targets, to ensure the ongoing LEAN activities proceed, and maintain continual improvement.
- Manage Health and Safety in area
- Housekeeping - promote a clean and safe working environment
- Continuous improvement - understand and support deployment of Eaton Business System (EBS) tools and techniques.
- Quality - Self-certification, attending daily MRB, problem solving (5 Why), scrap and rework procedures and monitoring, adhering to traceability requirements.
- Production: Signing off HrxHrs, updating of capacity charts, capacity loading (using Hejunkas where in place) working with planning and Logistics.
- Booking off operations on Job Cards
- Liaison with internal Customers & Suppliers.
- Ensuring On Time to Cycle (OTC) and Delivery (OTD) of batches in area.
- Ensure Nil Hour Return activities are completed in a timely manner.
- Facilitate Team Meetings and signing off Operator Standard Work.
- Team performance - Training, monitoring, setting daily targets for performance including appraisals and goal setting.
- Work prioritising- own and others
- Training Plan administration for relevant area.
- Ensure Teams adherence to required company Policies: sickness absence, time, and attendance etc.
- Timecard authorisation.
Because of the changing nature of our business your job description will inevitably change. You will, from time to time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management.
- Demonstrable commitment to Health and Safety.
- Engineering background (advantageous)
- Understanding of quality requirements for manufacturing (advantageous)
- Must have experience of working in a team
- Previous team leading experience an advantage but not essential
- Demonstrate a commitment to promoting and championing EBS tools and principles (advantageous)
- Good IT skills and competent in Microsoft packages
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great promotional opportunities - We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment - safety and ethic are important for us
You will be required to undertake all responsibilities above in line with your Grade.
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.