Technical Project Engineer
Gap Professional are looking for a permanent Project Engineer who is a highly motivated individual to work on the design, development, qualification and sustaining of Primary Flight Controls and Actuation Systems for Commercial and Military Aircraft for our client, a leading Global Aerospace Engineering based in Tewkesbury.
This role will give you the chance to take your leadership skills to the next level by working across functions and with internal and external stakeholders to deliver on project goals. You'll be working with crucial suppliers to develop their capabilities to meet the company's exceptional quality standards. For this role the candidate will ideally have a design background, with some experience of Actuators or Servo Valves'.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Provide technical project engineering and co-ordination to multidiscipline engineering teams, for one or more NPI projects
- Deliver the technical solution in compliance with requirements, budget and schedule
- Report out at the weekly project review board (own the technical metrics, i.e. SPI & CPI)
- Act as the primary technical focal point to the customer and suppliers
- Application of process and efficiency improvements within a single development program
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Degree in a relevant discipline such as Mechanical, Systems or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent experience
- The ability to lead a project through exceptional communication and planning skills
- Capable of bringing together a multi-disciplined, technical team to achieve in the design and development process.
- Relevant industry experience working from design conception through development and beyond
- Previous experience in an equivalent safety critical industry experience will be considered. That is an industry that provides experience of requirements definition, design, development, certification testing, configuration control and process awareness.
- Lean & CI trained, with experience implementing the tools in the NPI project environment
- Willingness to travel, sometimes internationally for potentially up to 25% of the time
- Annual salary of £35,000 - £45,000, depending upon experience & skill set
- 25 days annual leave (plus statutory)
- Private Healthcare scheme
- Strong contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance of 8x salary (from start date)
- Employee share option
- Additional flexible benefits programme
- Profit share
gap professional are acting as an Employment Agency on behalf of its client
gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgement solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline would be beneficial Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering