Our client based in the Deeside area is currently looking to recruit a Technical Research Assistant to join their team on a permanent basis. Reporting into the Technical Manager, you will support the "whole system" delivery of the Quality Management System to BRCGS standard and the contractual and standard obligations agreed with customers, and shall support the objective of continuous improvement by supporting the wider team through research and analytics. Some travel to other client sites will be required.
Pay & Hours of Work
- Monday - Friday / 8am - 5pm
- £26k per annum
- To monitor food quality systems.
- The drafting, creating and updating of policies and procedures.
- Conduct research in the areas of quality control and production.
- Conduct tests to determine whether raw materials, ingredients, finished products and packaging meet all company requirements (as well as regulations).
- Complete trials on products and processes to determine root cause analysis and preventative activities.
- HACCP understanding the full detailed process steps end to end and reviewing process for improvement.
- Grading & Tasting Programme - Developing and supporting data trending and feedback.
- Review and complete trending of shelf life monitoring and reporting trends for review.
- Work in conjunction with company "Chemist" to monitor and research non-food process
- Address customer and supplier technical enquiries.
- Assist in traceability audits as required.
- Assist in Supply Chain from supplier approval through to distribution.
- Deputise: Quality Lead to cover routine Technical tasks e.g. hygiene audits, calibrations,
- lab swabs, etc.
- Support Food Safety Culture throughout the company to ensure sites maintain high standards.
- Ideally Degree qualified (Food related) with analytical, communication and strong IT skills.
- Consumer and market focused and technically adept with high levels of attention to detail.
- Good organisation skills with good verbal and written communication at various levels.
- A self-reliant individual who has the interpersonal skills to interact at all levels of the business developing a good working relationship.
- Project and Continually Improvement focused, as well as procedurally and compliance centric.
- Can work under own initiative and possess the confidence to highlight risks and potential opportunities.
- Ability to conduct organised and methodical tests using various methods. Report data effectively to produce accurate and meaningful information.
- Keen interest in future technologies, strong research and critical thinking skills with an inquisitive mind-set.
- Confidentiality - Sensitive information that must be kept confidential.
- Own transport is required due to the travelling to other sites as and when required.
The gap personnel group are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.