TECHNICAL SALES ENGINEER / NEWTON ABBOT
Location: Newton Abbot, TQ12
Assignment: Permanent contract
Hours: Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5:00pm & Friday 8.30 am to 4:00 pm OR Monday to Thursday 9.00am to 5:30pm & Friday 9.00am to 4.30pm
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000
We are currently recruiting for a Technical Sales Engineer to join our well-known marine engineering client in Newton Abbot on a permanent full time contract.
Our client manufacturers a wide range of marine engineering products for a wide range of vessels with additional factories based in India, Dubai and Malaysia.
As a key member of the international sales team, you will be responsible for supporting our existing customers and developing a portfolio of new customers.
The successful candidate will have experience with sales and/or engineering experience in marine products who has the passion and drive to exploit the opportunities that exist in our market.
Duties as a Technical Sales Engineer:
- Ensure sales targets are attained in line with company objectives
- Research and identify key prospects
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, Production and Despatch departments to develop cohesive working relationships
- Developing and broadening relationships with existing customers to maximize sales penetration within each customer
- Regularly communicating with Sales Director
- Regularly reporting pipeline status, customer meeting reports and market assessments
- Assessing appropriate propulsion packages in conjunction with the Engineering department
- Providing customers with advise, guidance and commercial proposals
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Someone with sales or engineering experience in marine products, preferably propulsion, who has the passion and drive to exploit opportunities that exist.
- Or someone with marine experience (Superyacht, Merchant Navy or Royal Navy) either a deck or engineering officer who has a passion for customer service
- Knowledge of the marine industry
- Ambition both for Company and personal growth
- Proven track record in customer services and sales
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to undertake travel when necessary
- Autonomous approach with a positive 'can do', problem solving attitude
- A sound working knowledge of Microsoft office (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
- Hold a full UK driving license
- 33 days paid holiday
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Free onsite parking
To apply for this role, please submit your CV via the Apply Now button or contact our Exeter Office on 01392 273665 for more information.