Temporary 1 st Line Service Desk Engineer
Hours of work: 37.5 hours Monday to Friday
Salary: c£12.82 per hour
This is an going temporary / contract role to provide remote, onsite and workshop IT support to clients and complete small works and installation projects scheduled by Service Desk Coordinator or Technology Service Delivery Manager. To provide customer service and general administration duties on the Service Desk.
- To always provide excellent and effective customer service.
- Provide 1st line support for incoming service requests, utilising the service desk ticketing system.
- Take ownership of support requests, ensuring they are resolved and ensure customers are always communicated to.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, tickets and emails and provide first point of contact as well as escalations to all customers.
- Visit client sites where necessary to resolve issues, often at short notice
- Correctly log and update tickets with the required information relating to support requests.
- Contribute to the creation, development and review of procedures and policies within the IT department.
- Manage and maintain the end point monitoring platform daily.
- Log support tickets for all issues flagged, including 24/7 and daily checks.
- Notify the service desk coordinator of reoccurring outages.
- Raise hardware failures as critical P1 priority.
- Raise outages as critical P1 priority.
- Ensure correct ticket information is always maintained.
- Manage own ticket queue and work schedule in an efficient manner.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Experience working in an IT support environment covering several different technical areas.
- English Language (written and verbal) to a GCSE level or equivalent.
- Sound, demonstrable communication skills; written, over the phone and face to face'
- At least 1 formal IT qualification at entry level or above. i.e: GCSE ICT, CompTIA, Microsoft certification, BTEC or similar.
- Excellent customer service skills gained through previous experience.
- Experience in troubleshooting Microsoft environments.
- Working knowledge of windows server 2003/2008/2012/2016.
- Working knowledge of windows 7/8/10.
- Working knowledge of Office 365, and previous Office versions.
- Working knowledge of Exchange server 2003/2007/2010/2013/2016 or365.
- Working knowledge of major networking components, networking operating systems and basic configuration and maintenance.
Closing date is 1 st April 2022
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future