Temporary 2 nd Line Service Desk Engineer
Hours of work: 37.5 hours Monday to Friday
Salary: £12.82 - £15.38 per hour
This is an going temporary / contract role to provide remote, onsite and workshop IT support to Clients. The 2nd Line Service Desk Engineer will always provide excellent customer service to try and resolve all customer incidents raised.
- Always provide excellent and effective customer service.
- Provide 2nd line support for incoming service requests, utilising the help desk ticketing system.
- Contribute to procedure and policies within the IT department and maintain current procedures and policies.
- Take ownership of support requests, ensuring they are resolved and ensure customers are communicated to at all times.
- Escalate incidents to senior engineers, where appropriate.
- Provide mentoring for the 1st & other 2nd line support Engineers.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, tickets and emails and provide first point of contact as well as escalations to all customers
- Correctly log and update tickets with the required information relating to support requests.
- Manage and maintain the end point monitoring platform on a daily basis
- Log support tickets for all issues flagged, including 24/7 and daily checks.
- Notify the service desk coordinator of reoccurring outages.
- Raise hardware failures as critical P1 priority.
- Raise outages as critical P1 priority.
- Ensure correct ticket information is always maintained.
- Manage own ticket queue and work schedule in an efficient manner
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- More than 2 years' experience working in an IT support environment covering a number of different technical areas.
- Sound technical IT skills.
- English Language (written and verbal) to a GCSE level or equivalent.
- At least 1 formal IT qualification at entry level or above ie: GCSE ICT, CompTIA, Microsoft certification, BTEC or similar.
- Comfortable working within a team or on own initiative.
- Excellent working knowledge of windows server 2003/2008/2012/2016.
- Excellent working knowledge of windows 7/8/10.
- Excellent working knowledge of Office 2003/2010/2013/2016/365
Closing date is 1 st April 2022
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future