Are you experienced in planning full truck load ideally flar beds?
Hawk 3 are proud to be working in partnership with a National Distribution Business to recruit a permanent Traffic Planner in the Manchester location.
- Location: M28
- Hours of work: Monday - Thursday - 3 shift rotation 07.00-17.00; 08.00-18.00: 09.00-19.00
- Salary: 30k
Responsible for the timely planning of routes and scheduling delivery times to ensure the customer receives first class service in the most efficient and cost-effective manner for the company.
Ensure fleet resource is used to full capability, deal with daily delivery fluctuations seeking help and advice where necessary from line manager.
Maximise driver output by ensuring drivers are fully aware of workload requirements, and via progress checking drivers through the day.
- Work with internal and external customers, departments and other depots to plan routes, schedule delivery times to ensure the smooth running of the operation, and ensure vehicles are utilized in the most efficient manner.
- Prioritise and plan drivers' workloads, ensuring driver brief and debriefs are carried out without exception.
- Develop strong organizational skills to compile a robust traffic plan.
- Proactively work to reduce late deliveries and missed time slots.
- Flag up issues to line management in good time, suggest solutions to issues/problems.
- Maintain traffic management system (TMS) to ensure all details entered are accurate and completed in full.
- Ensure adherence to Transport Operation compliance levels, with regards driver tachograph, working hours and vehicle servicing requirements.
- Promote and encourage health and safety adherence, and mindful of environmental impact.
- Source agency drivers in adherence to company policy, ensure agency drivers are fully inducted before engaging on to work.
- Provide support to colleagues and management as appropriate.
- Creation of management informant and reports.
- To ensure that ALL assets are fully in service and MOT before being released for collections/deliveries.
- Must have experience in planning full truck loads - preferably flat bed
The ability to weigh up information and requests logically in order to draw clear conclusions, then quickly assess and determine actions required.
Strive to continually improve standard and quality of your work, and others around you.
Be willing to accept responsibility and ownership of your individual job requirements, play your part in assisting the company in its wider goals and targets. Adopt a "can do" attitude and approach.
Up to date legal and compliance knowledge.
Have the will, ability and determination to fully utilize the scope of your authority, discussing with other colleagues and your line manager as required.
The ability to learn new ways of doing things.
Self & Time Management
The ability to work flexibly, organize and prioritise your own workload.
Teamwork and Co Operation
Work and cooperate with others in pursuit of common goals.
Focus on, and understand customer requirements, and provide best quality service consistently.
Recognise the need to maximise revenue and reduce costs. Strive to meet revenue targets, proactively seek areas to reduce cost.
Must be an accurate and effective communicator, verbally and in writing.
Closing date 5 th December 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment, and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.