Job: Traffic Planner
Location: Llangennech, Llanelli
Job type: Permanent, Full Time - Average 45 hours per week
Week 1: 4 Days Plus Saturday
Tuesday to Friday - 1am to 11am & Saturday - 2am to 11am
Week 2: 4 Days
Tuesday to Friday - 2am to 11am
To take responsibility for the timely traffic planning of routes, and scheduling delivery times to ensure that the customer receives a first class service in a cost effective
- Successfully plan and prioritise a large quantity of pallets, daily, to be distributed throughout the SA postcode area. Working with customers/drivers and other traffic desks scheduling delivery times to ensure the smooth running of the operation.
- Good geographical knowledge of the SA Postcode area is key to the role.
- Plan ADR/Hazardous Freight (training provided).
- Ensure that planned routes are logical and cost effective.
- Forward plan collections to coincide with deliveries in the most productive manner.
- Forward plan vehicle maintenance and driver training/absence.
- Be able to amend routes at short notice and priorities workload if required
- Driver communication and monitoring.
- Liaise with other depots within the Company and externally within all Pallet Networks.
- Strong organisational skills for planning schedules, journeys and loads.
- Proactively work to reduce late deliveries and missed time slots.
- Ability to work flexibly and to make decisions quickly.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with people at all levels.
- Maintain computerised system such as Stirling (training provided). Have the skills to use excel spread sheets and other Microsoft Office programmes.
- A good understanding of transport regulations currently in force.
- Booking driver agency staff depending on workload.
- Provide general support appropriate to management when required.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
- Experience of working in a similar job role is essential.
- Extensive geographical knowledge within the SA postcode area is essential.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Problem solving/logical thinking.
- Working unsupervised, continually managing time and prioritising work to meet tight corporate deadlines.
- Good communication skills, interaction at all levels internal and external.
- Team player with a flexible Can-Do attitude.
- ADR/Hazardous Freight knowledge desirable (training provided).
- Computer Skills - Stirling (Training provided)
- Microsoft Office, especially Excel
Closing date is 14 th May 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future