Job Title: Trainee Accounting Technician (AAT)
Job Type: Permanent / Full time
Hours: 36.25 hours - 5 days per week (Flexible working)
We are looking for a Trainee Accounting Technician to join our Business Services team in our Okehampton office from September 2022 onwards.
You will undertake both practical and theoretical training whilst studying for your AAT qualification under an apprenticeship agreement. The Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) is a professional qualification which can help you to achieve a rewarding career in accountancy. Studying for Level 3 and Level 4 AAT apprenticeship qualifications includes learning the fundamentals of book keeping and accounting standards, as well as personal and business tax. We will not only offer you support and mentoring throughout your training, but we will also fund the training, pay you your normal salary on the days you attend classes or time in the office to study and give you paid study leave to have extra revision time. You will also receive regular pay reviews.
It is not just about studying though as 80% of your time will be gaining valuable work experience supporting the rest of the team in providing a range of accounting and taxation services to our clients. You will prepare financial information, reports and returns for a wide range of clients, both businesses and individuals whilst also using computer software to record financial transactions. You will prepare and provide personal and company tax computations, regular VAT returns and bookkeeping services. You will also help in information gathering to analyse and report information about income and expenditure to support decision making, planning and control. This job description summarises the main duties and responsibilities of the post, however the list is not exhaustive as the post-holder may be required to undertake other duties and projects of similar level and responsibility.
Ideally the successful candidate will have the following attributes, skills, experience and qualifications.
- Analytical, methodical and numerical
- Outgoing, socially confident and emotionally controlled
- A positive attitude, friendly and personable
- Resilient, able to multi-task and work independently / flexibly
- Adaptable, organised and conscientious
- Takes the initiative, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Professional and team orientated in approach
- Good working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven accuracy and an eye for detail
- Ability to learn new IT skills quickly
- You will have already achieved a minimum of 5 GCSEs, grade 9-4, including Maths and English (or equivalent) and you will have, or expect to have, at least 2 A Levels grade A-C (or equivalent).
- Annual salary review and regular salary reviews whilst training20 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 25 days plus bank holidays after 3 years' service
- Death in service 3 x annual salary
- Access to Westfield Rewards and Health scheme
- 24-hour external Employee Assistance Programme helpline
- Flexible benefits including Buy and Sell Holiday, Cycle to Work, Payroll Charity Giving and Private Medical Insurance
- Introducing clients and staff commission schemes
- Pension 3% rising to 4% (but matched up to 6%) after 4 years' service
Opportunities to later progress and gain further qualifications are available for the right candidates.
Hawk 3 Talent are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future
Hawk 3 Talent are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.