Job: Trainee Shipping Agent
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours: 45 hours per week (Flexibility to work overtime evenings and weekends. Every third weekend)
There is a great opportunity for a Ships Port Agent to oversee sea going vessels port calls, setting up and completing ships files, ship boarding activities meeting with ships personnel and captains arranging for many various and necessary requirements i.e. crew changes, doctor appointments, ships mail, crew changes, spares and repairs etc. also liaising with various contractors, port authorities and internal personnel.
Initially this role will be home based, it will then base from our Warrington Head Office, however travel to and from the Port of Liverpool and Manchester will be frequent. There will also be occasional travel to other Ports within the UK so a driving licence and transport is required.
- Prepare, collect and distribute relevant shipping documentation and information.
- Act as first point of contact to solve issues or investigate queries relating to Shipping services.
- Liaise and keep internal/external parties updated with important information relevant to vessel operations.
- Arrange vessels services for handling husbandry matters.
- Attend site and co-ordinate ship boarding activities, including completing documentation.
- Prepare quotations, process invoices and finalise vessels disbursement accounts.
- Understand port systems, rivers, tides and berth operations and having confident knowledge timely providing accurate information and costings to ship owners and charterers for them to be able to negotiate and make decisions for successful ship fixing.
- Arranging legal requirements with HM Customs and Immigration formalities for the vessel, crew and cargo clearance.
- Attending vessels whilst in port being the direct point of contact to vessels officers and crew
- Develop local knowledge and be able to arrange services for vessels whilst in port i.e. ships spares, doctors, dentist, stores, transport for crew arrivals and repatriation, repairs, fresh water etc.
- Keep records and time logs required of vessels port stay to prepare documentation and to be able to revert back on any later queries, issues and surcharges that arise.
- Collect and process vessels invoices ensuring all charges are correct raising any queries prior to signing of for payment.
Experience, attributes & skills sought:
Confident communicator - email, telephone, face to face
Flexibility to work overtime evenings and weekends. Every third weekend.
Knowledge of Outlook / word / excel - training given on other internal shipping programme, internet for port external systems and research
Good attention to detail
Good numeration skills
Think on your feet
Yes can do attitude
Closing date is 8 th October 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future