Trainee Toolmaker - Rotation Shift
Are you an experienced machine operator? Have you operated manual mill and lathes?
Hawk 3 have a new and exciting permanent opportunity. We are recruiting for a trainee Toolmaker to work with our client who specialises in the design and manufacture of custom-made springs, wire forms and assemblies.
- Location: Dorchester
- Hours of work: 39 hours per week
- Salary: £24,000 -£26,000
To carry out in house tool making and engineering duties. Produce original tooling as specified by the Toolroom Foreman, and repair / maintain existing equipment. Ensure maximum efficiency of operations in all areas within the control of the job holder to the requirements of ISO & QS 9000.
- Manufacture tools, Jigs and fixtures to drawings, sketches as instructed by the section
Foreman. As required, modify drawings / sketches to reflect changes made during
manufacture, and refer changes to the design authority.
- Operate CNC Milling Machines.
- Design in CAD/CAM package.
- Repair, modify and maintain plant / machinery as directed by the Toolroom Foreman.
- This will include pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance in line with established company
procedures for the given machinery and equipment.
- Ensure that Health & Safety regulations are complied with both during manufacture /
modification and to the finished product.
- Ensure work areas, machines and equipment are kept clean and tidy.
- Meet all company and statutory requirements with regard to maintaining a healthy and
safe working environment and that the Company accident book is maintained.
- Represent the company by behaving in a professional and responsible manner at all
times. Maintain and improve our reputation with customers, fellow employees and the
- community within which we operate.
- Adopt a flexible approach, fulfilling any additional requirements that may be necessary
- from time to time, to meet our objectives
- Previous machine operating experience
- Experience of working within a similar environment
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Closing date 18th February 2022
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment, and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.