Are you an experienced Transport and Despatch Supervisor, looking for a new and exciting opportunity ?
Would you like to join a Market Leader in their specialist industry, that is going through an extended period of growth, in a role that offers genuine opportunities for further career progression ?
The postholder will be responsible for assigning and planning UK delivery routes to ensure delivey of "exceptional service", whilst ensuring cost efficiencies across the total primary and secondary distribution networks. To oversee the efficient receipt, collections and dispatch of products.
- Plan deliveries to customers using own transport and external transport companies
- Build long term relationships with transport companies to meet our delivery targets
- Maximise load utilisation and vehicle utilisation.
- Supervising a team of 15 Despatch Operatives across a 24/7 operation, ensuring on time loading of trailers for delivery
- Will oversee the efficient receipt, collections and dispatch of products.
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers and freight companies to manage costs and consistently improve their services
- Understand groupage and direct deliveries.
- Track quality, quantity, delivery times, transport costs and efficient movement of goods.
- Ensure that the Logistics department fully satisfies ISO, H&S, and Environmental standards.
- Develop a strong network of transport providers to deliver fast moving consumer goods around the country.
- SAP B1 experience would be desirable.
- 3 years Transport Planning experience desirable
- Working in a FMCG desirable
- Working in a small team of 4 people.
Closing date is 5th November 2021
Hawk 3 are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.