Moreton Valance, Gloucester
Permanent - Full time
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Transport Coordinator will be responsible for the planning of efficient loading and routing of delivery vehicles to achieve agreed customer requirements within budget.
- To ensure vehicles are efficiently utilised and do not infringe any load restrictions
- To regularly review delivery routes to identify improvements and/or required changes.
- To ensure that new customers are allocated to appropriate delivery routes
- To regularly process orders and produce picking lists, including bulk pick suggestions, for warehouse staff/stock controllers in accordance with depot procedure. Add any spot charges if required and run finalised load summary sheet.
- To produce and approve despatch notes and load sheets for drivers in accordance with depot procedure. Fax/email haulier reports to relevant haulier.
- To collate information for and produce the Key performance Indicators (KPI's) and vehicle utilisation Statistics for the warehousing and distribution operation.
- To assist the Operations Manager and Warehouse Manager as required
- Using essential geographical knowledge of main land UK and transport law, to determine individual load content and satisfactory delivery groupage to meet both company and customer requirements.
- Through effective planning optimise use of resources and vehicle availability in order to minimise distribution costs whilst maintaining customer service standard
- Liaise with Stock control to ensure customer service levels are maximised, including checking of availability of short lines
- Plan the order pick in batches for the warehouse operation to achieve maximum performance levels.
- Previous experience in a similar role would be advantageous
- Strong IT Skills, including Microsoft Packages
- Strong Communicator
- Attention to detail
- Minimum English and Mathematics GCSE grade A - C
Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm
£20,000 to £23,000 dep on experience
28 days holiday
Progression opporutnities available for the right candidate
Closing date is the 12 th Aug 2021
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client.
Hawk 3 Talent Solutions are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future