£35000 - £40000
Sherburn in Elmet LS25
Commutable from York, Leeds, Selby
Due to retirement my client is looking for an experienced Transport Manager.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
You will be responsible for the efficient management of a team of drivers and fleet, and for ensuring the fleet is properly maintained and serviced at all times.
Although the majority of the haulage work is servicing their own Projects they do also service external haulage work.
Your Main duties will be
- To ensure an efficient vehicle defect reporting system is in place and managed
- Vehicle & Plant maintenance planning
- Ensure all vehicles & Plant are operated in a roadworthy condition.
- Ensure & oversee that correct vehicle maintenance procedures
- Ensure vehicles are booked in & presented for MOT’s on the correct dates.
- Monitor External Maintenance Contractors.
- Monitor OCRS scores & encounter reports.
- Maintain & Audit maintenance records & ensure they are kept for 15 months.
- Ensure drivers conduct daily walk round checks efficiently.
- Ensure, Advised and Instruct the operator to be compliant to operating legislation.
- Ensure & oversee that an effective vehicle & plant defect reporting system is in place.
- Ensure vehicles are presented for PMI’s on the correct dates.
- Liable for any shortcomings in maintenance & PG9’s PG13’s issued.
- Attend prearranged VOSA inspections at operating centres.
- Oversee vehicle scheduling.
- Responsible for effectively managing drivers.
- Ensure Drivers are schedule in compliance with EEC & Domestic driving rules.
- Ensure driver’s cards & VU’s are downloaded at the required intervals.
- Maintain and keep driving records for a period of 12 months.
- Regularly check driver’s digital & analogue tachographs charts/printouts.
- Provide warnings of any driving infringements to drivers.
- Check driver’s vocational driving licences every 6 months.
- Ensure, Arrange & oversee “Driver CPC Training” program.
- Be approachable & available for drivers.
- Provide training to drivers.
- Driver CRB checks.
- Operator Licence variation applications.
- Investigating Accidents and liaising with the Fleet Insurance Policy
Ideally you will hold an international CPC Licence the minimum requirement is a national CPC Licence.
You will be an excellent communicator with both verbal and written skills.
This is a demanding role so you will need to be flexible in your approach to work and have the ability to work under pressure.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to join a fast moving, successful company.
- Negotiable Salary
- Annual holiday and bank holiday entitlement
- Company Pension Scheme