On behalf of our well-established FMCG client, we are seeking an experienced Transport Manager to join their busy distribution centre near Wigan.
Producing & distributing high quality foods across the globe, the company seek an individual who is diligent, organised and committed to driving service levels of the same quality throughout their team.
This is a full time, permanent vacancy with working hours of 8AM - 4.30PM.
To manage and strive to improve the distribution operation, performance and efficiencies across all areas of the transport department
- Using your excellent man management skills to drive performance and efficiency of the depot in line with company policy and procedures.
- The appointment, review and motivation of the driving and despatch teams.
- Management of staffing levels, absence and holidays ensuring efficient, cost effective despatch of routes.
- Monitor route progress, ensuring driver efficiency and compliance of drivers' hours, meeting EU and GB domestic regulations.
- Check and monitor vehicle weights, manage payload compliance, training and awareness
- Work with vehicle providers to ensure the fleet is maintained. Ensure maximum availability of fleet, meeting requirements of the Operator's Licence
- Ensure vehicle damage is recorded and strive to reduce accidents and costs
- Monitor and carry out audits to achieve optimum compliance, ensuring standards meet both company policy and O Licence requirements.
- Monitor consignment progress, liaising with the Customer Service and Sales Teams to ensure orders are accurate and meet delivery window
- Adhere and promote company compliance to regulatory requirements and guidelines for food safety and food hygiene
- Maintain and strive for excellence in both performance and appearance of all staff and vehicles.
Skills & Experience Sought:
- Recent successful experience in a similar position
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to bring out the best in others
- High levels of organisation and the ability to prioritise in a demanding environment
- Strong attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and compliance standards
Salary: £26,000 - £28,000 per annum (depending upon experience level), plus benefits
Further information on the position & client company will be provided to suitable applicants ahead of CV submission.