Monday to Friday
We are looking for an experienced Transport Planner for a office in Hull.
The role requires good geographical knowledge of the UK as you will be planning 30 + vehicles based out of Hull and regional hubs.
We are seeking a candidate who is used to working in a high-pressure environment and can confidently find solutions at short notice.
The ideal candidate will also have excellent problem solving skills. We are looking for a good communicator to integrate in to a medium sized team working in an open plan setup.
Responsibilities of the Transport Planner
- Planning the daily activity of 30 + vehicles based out of our Hull depot and Regional Hubs, this includes full loads, part loads and groupage.
- Updating of all jobs onto the transport management system.
- Daily communication with the planners at our offices in Belgium.
- Liaising with customer service team to ensure that any issues arising with transport orders are communicated to customers effectively.
- Preparing all documents related to transportation activities.
- Taking the transport department telephone calls including out of hours on a rota basis.
Training and experience
- Previous experience of Transport planning
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Target driven
- Team focused
- Quality oriented
- Highly organised
- Able to prioritise