Hawk 3 is proud to be partnered with a global logistics business who are looking for an experienced Transport Planner to join their growing team based near The London Gateway in South Essex. This is an exciting opportunity to join a global business who offer an excellent working environment and professional development opportunities.
This is a full-time role and candidates must be able to work weekends when required
Duties of Transport Planner:
- Management of the daily job allocation
- Working with the driving team to ensure that customer service is always maintained.
- Overseeing pallet network collections and deliveries.
- Organising and planning distribution of multiple jobs through 3rd party hauliers.
- Updating of computer and paper-based systems in relation to hire vehicles, recovery vehicles and salvage.
- Undertaking regular checks to ensure recording systems remain up to date about vehicle locations.
- Managing hire vehicle damages in line with company procedures ensuring minimal downtime.
- Ensure that fleet schedules are maintained, and de-fleeting vehicles are made available to the De-fleet Team as and when required.
- Maintaining good customer relations with customers, repairers, claims office and referral sources alike.
- Review cross hire usage in line with utilisation to ensure that kept to a minimum by sourcing the correct vehicles for the fleet.
- General administrative duties.
- Working as part of a team, attending team meetings, and contributing where appropriate.
Experience required for the Transport Planner:
- It is essential that you understand the Highway Code
- Experience in a similar role previously and experience with pallet networks
- Confident with computer systems and software’s
- Able to work on your own initiative and be well organised
- Excellent ability to adapt and prioritise your day accordingly
Package on offer:
- A competitive annual salary of £27k-£30k depending on experience
- Great modern work facilities and an excellent work culture
- Annual leave entitlement starting at 21 days + bank holidays.
- Access to life insurance and other benefits
- The chance to join a global business with excellent professional development opportunities available.
If you have the experience required, please apply now as the role will not be around for long. For any questions, please contact Bethany at Hawk 3 Talent Solutions. Please note that this position is based local to The London Gateway in South Essex.