£26000 - £30000
Commutable from East Riding, Hull, Driffield, Selby, Beverley
My client is looking to recruit a Transport Planner to work within a small Transport team based at their Goole Office.
As a Transport Planner your duties will include, but not limited to:
- Perform daily routing of vehicles, maximizing transport efficiencies whilst remaining customer focused
- Daily communication with drivers to ensure delivery schedules are met whilst remaining compliant
- Contact customers to advise of delivery dates/times
- Deal with all driver queries regarding deliveries and being their first point of contact
- Liaise with the Operations Manager on vehicle maintenance and industry compliance
- Involvement in Transport administration.
Customer service is paramount. As a Transport Planner you would be expected to provide first-class customer service when performing your duties, demonstrating a keen willingness to meet and satisfy the needs of our customers.
Your standard hours of work will be 45-hour week; however, during busy operating times there may be requirement to work additional hours as necessitated by the business. Your working week will be Monday to Friday days and. Saturday's are performed on a rota basis during the Winter period, out of hours calls to be attended from drivers for issues/queries.
- Previous job-related experience (transportation routing, scheduling, or logistics)
- Must be IT literate (Including working knowledge of Microsoft Excel)
- An understanding of EU Driver’s hours and working time rules
- Have good communication skills
- Be passionate about delivering good customer service
- Display a can-do-attitude
- Be flexible to meet business and customer needs
- Demonstrable experience of working autonomously and making decisions
- An ability to work under pressure and prioritize workload
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Look for ways to improve and promote quality
- An ability to perform well in a team